Paint Can Games LLC
01 January 2021
App Store Price:
BLIMPS is a new retro open-world adventure RPG that puts you in charge of an electric airship cargo delivery company. Armed with water, fire, ice cannons, and a couple of hangar Robots to help you on your way.
Can you learn to make it in this world of BLIMPS only to escape it? With a bit of perseverance, you might be the one to escape from this world of multiplying BLIMPS!
So take to the skies and safely deliver cargo, or try to pirate cargo from another blimp if you dare.
This rogue-lite puzzle game involves flying around, exploring, crafting, hacking, harvesting, smuggling, and racing to be the first to find the Moon Crystal. Complete 77 tasks and earn 11 passport stamps and 8 pilot wings.
BUILD A FORTUNE WITH A BLIMP CARGO COMPANY:
- EXPLORE AN OPEN WORLD: Fly around discovering all the castles, mazes, mini-games, missions, ports, stores, and treasures in the world of Blimps.
- LOAD, EQUIP, AND REPAIR:
Load your BLIMP with cargo, upgrade, and repair it from damage.
- EARN A PROFIT: Safely deliver cargo with your BLIMP to trading stork ports. Smugglers beware. You may get busted at Eagle Eye Customs…
- RACE AGAINST SPACE Y, NILE X, AND SIR SPACE TO FIND THE MOON CRYSTAL: Be the first to find the elusive Moon Crystal and win $1,000,000.
- CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE STORY EVENTS: Encounter mini-story events with different choices and outcomes. The choice is yours.
- ENCOUNTER RANDOM WEATHER EVENTS: How do you fly your Blimp when the weather gets rough?
- EDUCATE AND TRAIN VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE: Gather your expedition team and prepare them to help you escape.
- DISCOVER THE LABYRINTHS: Fly a hot air balloon or navigate a mini earth drill through vast labyrinths full of obstacles, secrets, and treasures.
- BECOME KING OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS: Defeat seven increasingly difficult tower defense castles to become the King of Blimps.
- PIRATE BATTLES: Shoot enemy Blimps, “twin-stick shooter style,” flying worldwide or in close combat skirmishes for their loot.
- TRAWL FOR HELIUM-3: Rent an underwater submarine and trawl for enough Helium-3 to make a temporary unlimited fusion power battery for your Blimp.
- MAKE ITEMS: Craft items from floppy disks to build things.
- EXTRACTING ELEMENTS: Use your hangar’s lab to separate elements from saltwater.
- MINING AND DRILLING: Visit mining operations and drilling rigs to inspect and purchase minerals.
- BUILD SOLAR TOWNS: Build four solar towns to receive a rental income.
- PNEUMATIC TUBE MAIL: Send and receive incoming pneumatic tube mail. Pay the bills, receive rental income, get paid, collect stamps, and recycle junk mail.
- FLY AIMLESSLY AROUND: Harvest tons of water, fire, and ice!
- 77 TASKS, 11 PASSPORT STAMPS, AND 8 PILOT WINGS TO EARN:
BLIMPS features 77 tasks, 11 passport stamps, and 8 pilot wings that players can earn through dedicated gameplay.
- DAFFODIL “MEDAL OF HONOR” STAMP: Retainers of this passport achievement stamp can expect to complete the game in about 2 hours if they know what they are doing and are awarded a lower score bonus. Ed says, “BLIMPS can be completed in about 13 minutes if you are a good hacker and know what to do, but you won’t get the Daffodil Medal of Honor ‘No cheat codes used’ Achievement stamp low score bonus.”
BLIMPS also features unique sound fx and an instrumental soundtrack performed by the band Ashtronaut.
BLIMPS can be played on a tablet/finger/pencil or keyboard/mouse device. In addition, it features partial gamepad controller support (if you want to fly around the world of BLIMPS “twin-stick shooter style.”)
Pay once to get the whole BLIMPS experience. No ads, F2P mechanics, in-app purchases, or in-game data collection. Instead, it is just an old-school stand-alone offline family-friendly video game. Rated E for “Everyone.”
“We hope you enjoy the game. Thanks for playing!”
-Corinne & Ed
(co-creators of BLIMPS)
BLIMPS was created by game designers Corinne Bohjanen and Edward J. Horey. During the years they spent co-developing it, they taught themselves the necessary skills to produce the game’s music, art, programming, and design. The game was released on January 1, 2021.
They update the game on all available platforms with regular bug fixes and content/feature updates. There have been five major post-release updates – the first added the Office, Towns, and the Pigeon Post Pneumatic Tubes. The second expanded the end game, reorganized the pop-up inventory menus, and increased the total tasks to 77. The third major update (Feb. 2022) introduced partial gamepad controller functionality so players could fly their Blimps around the world “twin-stick shooter style.” The fourth major update (July 2023) added the Seven Castle Kingdoms. Players can now attempt to defeat seven increasingly difficult tower defense castles to become the King of Blimps. The fifth major update(November 2023) added many cutscenes to all the destinations in the world of Blimps.
- CORINNE F. BOHJANEN
- EDWARD J. HOREY
- EDWARD J. HOREY
- CORINNE F. FENLAN
- MAYA DEBSKI
- KNOBLE PERSONA
- SAM VIENET
MUSIC AND EFFECTS BY: